The VA is now issuing a non-healthcare federal ID cards to honorably discharged veterans. This is not the same at the Ohio State Veterans ID Card issued by the Belmont County Veterans Service Office. To learn more or apply for the VA ID Card, visit https://www.vets.gov/veteran-id-card/
Want to same some money? Get your PX privileges back by signing up to use Exchange Services online. To learn more and register, visit https://www.shopmyexchange.com/veterans
We are again making Ohio Veterans ID Cards. Cards will be made Tuesdays 9a.m. Until noon and Thursdays 2 to 4 p.m. As required by Ohio Law, we must have a copy of your DD214, a photo ID and a current bill with your name and current address to issue the card. This card is for Belmont County veterans only. Like all our services, there is no charge for the ID Card.
Serving those who served
• Applications are being taken for van drivers. Applicants must be a resident of Belmont County. Please apply at the Belmont County Veterans Service Office, 3326 Belmont St., Bellaire.
Interested in working for the Belmont County Veterans Service Commission? Click here for a printable job applications.
Local Veterans Day Offers
(Excluding national offers)
- Belmont County Farm Bureau is inviting veterans to its Veterans Salute meal, Nov. 11 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the KFC/A&W Restaurant in Barnesville. Veterans will receive a free meal and a dessert is also provided.
- Ohio River Valley Elks, 14 N. 4th St., Martins Ferry is having a Veteran's Dinner on Nov. 9 from 4-8 p.m.. Turkey and all the trimmings. It's free for veterans and $5 for others.
- Sons of Italy in Bellaire will have a free spaghetti and meatball dinner for veterans and their immediate families on Nov. 11 from 3 to 7 p.m.
- Cumberland Pointe Care Center, 68637 Bannock Rd., St. Clairsville, will be offer free haircuts to veterans on Nov. 11 from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Call 740-695-2500 to schedule an appointment.
- Chestnut Lanes in Barnesville will have free bowling for any veteran from 6-9 on Nov. 11.
- Post 52 in Bellaire will have a free turkey dinner starting at noon on Monday, Nov. 11, Veterans Day.